COPY RIGHTS : TO AVOID COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS, ALL POSTS ARE SHOWN ALONG WITH SOURCES FROM WHERE ITS TAKEN. PLEASE CONTACT ME IN MY EMAIL SALEEMASRAF@GMAIL.COM , IF YOU ARE THE AUTHOR AND YOUR NAME IS NOT DISPLAYED IN THE ARTICLE.THE UNINTENTIONAL LAPSE ON MY PART WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CORRECTED.

I HAVE SHARED ALL MY PRACTICAL WATER TREATMENT EXPERIENCES WITH SOLVED EXAMPLE HERE SO THAT ANYBODY CAN USE IT.

SEARCH THIS BLOG BELOW FOR ENVO ,COMPACT STP,ETP,STP,FMR,MBBR,SAFF,IRON,ARSENIC,FLUORIDE,FILTER,RO,UASB,BIO GAS,AERATION TANK,SETTLING TANK,DOSING,AMC.

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday, November 21, 2010

How responsibly are you networking?


How responsibly are you networking?

Priyanka Ohri
How often do we use social media for a cause? Twitter, Facebook, You Tube, such revolutionary services are at our disposal and that too for free. Still, we choose to use them for smaller purposes like telling our friends about what we eat. Not that it's not important; but the point I am trying to make is, when we will move to the next level of sharing bigger things than just the menu?
Anyway, everyone has a choice and people make a choice that suits them and of course, me also comes in them and the people. As it was only few days back when my status on FB had to do something about how I made someone feel smaller than me. Ah! Was it even worth it? I really don't think so; I used a preciously free space for something so mean.  Well, I am ashamed, but if to err is human then to learn from other people is also being human. And, I have learnt that if it's in my heart, I can really do something good and that too just by using a free service like Facebook. Of course, I have to pay in time, but in the end it will be all worth it. The source of all the inspiration is an anonymous guy on Facebook that goes under the title of Unruly Rebel, who puts in his time to bring to the notice of government and people of Shimla issues, no matter how big or small. The issue can be as big as broken roads and as small as drinking water leakage. Unruly Rebel has tried from August 2010 to do his best in throwing light on the issues that need immediate attention. When this guy made his presence on FB this August, it was surprising who could do this, as people in a small town like Shimla usually keep away from such mess. However, after two months of his birth I have tracked him down and have managed to get few words out of him to inspire and to be inspired.  I am really sorry; I cannot reveal his true identity, as per his request. But, my conversation with him was definitely not a mundane one, but a motivating experience, which ultimately led me to promise myself that I will create awareness about at least one issue through my Facebook presence every week, even if not every day. I really hope, he inspires all of you too in some way.
PO: When did you decide on being Unruly Rebel, on Facebook?
UR: (Very modestly) it has just been three months now.
PO: What was your main purpose behind starting this on FB? I mean, it is a pretty small level that you have started it on?
UR: The only reason that I wanted to start this was to show the government what I saw every day. I wanted to bring out the corruption and the chaos that exists behind the closed doors in government offices. And, it was the only way I could involve government and people together on the same level.
PO: How much time do you spend on it every day, on an average?
UR: Let's say, approximately 2-3 hours every day.
PO: Are you the only one who unearths such issues to be put up or others also?
UR: I do it most often, but then other people also mail in sometime with information, videos and pictures.
PO: What was the first thing that you put on the page?
UR: It was a small issue on water leakage. I recorded the proof, put it on, complained to the MC Commissioner and other concerned officers, the result was that the leaking tank was fixed the next day.
PO: What came next?
UR: This time I pointed out people who were being unruly. It was at Goel Apartments where sewage system and even drinking water supply was being compromised.  I made a complaint to the Commissioner, the CM and other concerned authorities and the result was that a case was filed against the owner of the building, which is still pending in JIMC court.
PO: Is there any monetary investment from your side in this little project?
UR: Nothing except for few phone calls, I do not have to spend a dime on anything.
PO: What was the next interesting thing that you did or as I say, what was the next world changing thing on Unruly Rebel?
UR: The next best thing was when I clicked a 'policewala' smoking cigarette right behind the sigh saying no smoking. I put the picture on and filed a complaint with the DSP and other concerned authorities and as a result that 'policewala' was 'supposedly' transferred, as he wasn't seen on duty the next day.
PO: How many people have mailed you so far for contribution?
UR: So far, only 3-4 people have mailed in.
PO: Ok, that is less, but it's just been three months. Have you contacted any media for any collaborative purposes? It could actually be huge, may be even solving your purpose on the larger scale?
UR: No I have not, as I think FB is a platform big enough for now.
PO: OK, that is fair enough, finally what is your vision for Unruly Rebel.
UR: I will continue with this till the time I can and of course, if people will join in it will be better and only then it will work.
PO: Before I go, what are your further plans?
UR: I am planning a sting!
Now, that's a huge plan and I wish him all the best. I wish that more people join in and, I hope like me everyone is motivated too, to spread awareness about at least one issue through their status on social networking sites. And, maybe even we can start as our own tiny rebels at our own tiny levels. I mean, if we decide, we can contribute in our own way, like Unruly Rebel does.
He is On FB: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001371729432
His page on FB: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Unruly-Rebel/149942821698784

Editor-- Samarpita Mukherjee-Sharma


No comments: